Skip to main content

What happened to The Amazing Lucas?

The youtuber The Amazing Lucas was for many years a quite popular political commentator with very conservative but usually very well-argued and reasonable opinions. His channel goes back quite many years, and after Trump became the president he was very pro-Trump and highly critical of the most idiotic actions and opinions of the Democrats (although still criticizing the Republicans and the conservatives when they did something unusually and egregiously stupid.)

He would very often praise and defend the police when they did something right or were not guilty of any wrongdoing (while being accused by the left of such), but likewise criticized the police when they did commit a clear violation of their duty.

While he very often ridiculed and made fun of social justice and their crazy antics, to my recollection, from all the videos I have seen, he never outright distorted, cherry-picked or straw-manned their position, but always acknowledged what their actual positions are, gave credit were credit is due, but criticized where he thought they were being wrong or going completely overboard. Very often when some event triggered accusations of racism and discrimination, he would give a more rational view and explanation of it, and outright call out clear hoaxes and fabricated "racist" crimes.

During Trump's presidency he made many videos supporting and praising Trump for his opinions and achievements, so he was quite pro-Trump, but without being an outright zealot. Needless to say, his views were aligned heavily with American conservatism, and very anti-left and anti-SJW.

His channel was relatively popular, especially 1-2 years ago, when he got an average of about 100 thousand views per video, with the most popular videos even breaking 300 thousand views.

Then, at some point during the year 2020... he just somehow changed.

Before that, most of his videos (which weren't let's plays of videogames) were scripted and well edited (usually shot as in the picture above), but at some point he started to make less and less of that kind of video, and instead he started just making hours-long unscripted live streams, and posting small segments of them (instead of the usual scripted videos). In fact more and more of the videos he started uploading were hours-long unedited unscripted streams, or let's play video game footage. Something like 90% of his uploads are nothing but video game footage and hours-long livestreams.

And, indeed, his view counts have been plummeting by the month. For many months now he has had trouble breaking even the 20 thousand views mark. Most of his videos get less than 10 thousand views, even the shorter ones.

I have written previously how this is usually a sign that a popular youtuber is falling from grace.

However, that's not actually the reason why I'm writing this. The reason is how he has changed in his political views.

The fact is that I actually can't understand this man anymore. I have no idea where he stands anymore, politically speaking. As mentioned, for years he was very clear on his political stances, and expressed his views very clearly and in an easy-to-understand manner that leaves no room for confusion.

In the past months, maybe half a year or so, however, his videos have become... very confusing.

It appears that he's not very pro-Trump anymore, nor very pro-conservatism. In fact, during the past several months he has made several videos satirizing and ridiculing conservatives. However, he's very fuzzy and confusing about this whole thing, because sometimes he seems to be pro-Trump, sometimes anti-Trump, and he doesn't make it clear if he's being serious or sarcastic.

His opinions on the recent BLM riots, destruction of statues and so on, seem also very erratic and confusing. In fact, the presentation even in his very few scripted videos is very confusing and erratic. While in past videos he always expressed himself very clearly and unambiguously, stating his opinions in a clear and understandable manner that avoided confusion, in many of his newest videos he expresses himself so vaguely and confusingly that half of the time I can't even follow who he is referring to or what he's talking about. Most of the time, however, it almost sounds like he's supportive of the BLM riots, something that he would have definitely not supported just a few years ago.

He hasn't become a leftist because he still criticizes the left, but he seems to have swung very fast away from conservatism, but rather than become a "centrist" with very clearly stated opinions, he has become this confusing political mess that nobody can really understand.

For quite some time he has ridiculed people telling him that he has changed. Well, he has changed, definitely. I just can't understand what he has changed into. I can't understand this man anymore.

Comments

  1. Hey, just stumbled upon your post while searching "what happened to the Amazing Lucas". I agree, for a good few years I watched this guy, every upload, didn't matter the topic, he was always very clear and very thought out. I found him funny at times but he made so much sense with his viewpoint and arguments and I just don't see that anymore. Even on his Disagreement Day streams, he borderline melts down when someone hits him with a well thought out argument. Anyway great post! #NotMyAmazingLucas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't really understand what happened to him. It's one thing to change opinions and positions, but it's strange to become a confusing mess in the process.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I agree with you. I used to look forward to his videos and his funny "Oh my goodness!" intro. But I eventually quit looking at his videos because they weren't the same. Somewhere along the way he changed from a clear-minded person to a confused mess. I can't figure out where he stands on today's issues anymore. I did chance it one more time and checked in to see if maybe he'd return to being the "amazing Lucas" I'd once enjoyed watching. No such luck! He's still all over the place with his views and can't seem to present his point intelligently. Who is this person? He even dresses differently. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently I sort of got more insight into what he actually believes currently (not that it makes it much better, but nevertheless), and made a new blog post about it. https://grindedgear.blogspot.com/2021/07/what-happened-to-amazing-lucas-addendum.html

      Delete
  3. I think someone on the left got him by the balls, so much so he was willing to make a 180 degree turn to ensure the information they have on him is kept away from the limelight. He would rather be a turncoat than be exposed. He is compromised, unfortunately, if this is true, it will eventually come to light. I unsubscribed from him long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to figure out why this BLM Antifa (pedo) supporter is attempting to grift using the term Patriot on his Livestream. (Thank You) This is what I see - ..... Steroid abuse: associated with (1) increased vigor, mania, anxiety, depression, anger, fatigue, and confusion and (2) decreased positive affect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of the above. This buffoon truly has changed. I recently commented the below quoted comment on one of his many videos degrading Tatum, whom of which I don't see as ever being wishy washy. When mentioning his previous base, and him losing subscribers:

    "We're no longer your base because you're a maroon.

    Yeah, maroon, like the color.
    🐰🥕

    Oh, and I can tell you still miss chin day.... every day. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️





    During the good ole Trump era, I picture you as the normal looking Homer, standing outside the bush that stood behind you. Then as you saw Trump leave office, you began to back yourself into the bush, to reemerge out the bush, looking like Colin Kaepernick, wearing a Malcolm X shirt, holding up your fist, that resembles the miniature version on the pick sticking out your afro, taking a knee, screaming rRrRrAaAaAcIsM

    😑"


    Side note, this dumb dumb muted me on his live streams. He doesn't like when I mention his Jim Norton sized chin, or call him by his given name (Lucas is his last name, and at the moment I cannot recall his first name) Edward, that's right, the very prim and proper Edward Lucas, ("the 3rd" would follow that perfectly 🤣

    I have one question I keep asking him on his lives, "How does one whom lacks a chin, fold towels?"

    Instead of an answer, he mutes me. 🤷🏼‍♀️


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed this too. Maybe he just supports and mirrors whoever is in the oval office. And his messy confusion mirrors that of our current senile president.

      Delete
  6. Maybe when good ole Biden kicks the bucket, Kamala will become president and little Lucas here will start to grow breasts and laugh like a hyena and become a feminist. 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't see his channel in awhile and ended up searching "what happened to the amazing lucas" he has definitely changed, I unsubscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruh I aswell used to watch every one of his videos he was so funny, entertaining and made sense. Then it seemed like before my eyes without me noticing he became really toxic for no reason (mainly against conservatives) and nonsensical. I began to think who hurt him? I haven't watched him in a long time but at that time If you spoke against him and he thinks he's right he threatened to ban you or something. The first time I question something he said in the comments he was like look it up next time it's a kick or something like that. That's when unsubbed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Out of the blue I decided to check out his youtube channel. I hadn't seen any of his videos in about 5-6 years but for some reason his name popped into my head so out of curiosity I checked out his channel again. It surprised me just how much he has changed. I googled "what happened to Amazing Lucas" and found this blog, which is 3 years old now but I agree with it 100%. I think he began to feel some kind of black guilt always having to criticise BLM riots, defend innocent white cops against black thugs, and all of that BS. Looking at some of his recent videos and their titles you can see he is pretty obsessed with race and skin colour. One of his recent videos was about the movie Leave The World Behind, and what calls the 'white fragility' in the movie. I watched this movie and if I was him I wouldn't be talking about any white fragility, I would be calling out the blatant racism from the black characters. He clearly seems to have a chip on his shoulder now. Even if I agreed with his current views his channel just seems to be so overwhelmed with 'black this' and 'white that'. Its just so tiresome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. As I wrote in a followup blog post, he actually has become much worse compared to what he was when I wrote this post. When I wrote this post he was still a kind of conservative, but a sort of "black conservative" who thinks that there's a form of "white conservatism" that's just the wrong sort. Maybe that's true, maybe he had some kind of point, but even back then he had this really off-putting approach to his new "black conservatism" where he would mock "white conservatives" and actively push them to unsubscribe from his channel. He later made videos outright celebrating the fact that he was badly hemorrhaging subscribers, with a very obnoxious "good riddance!" attitude. Anyway, back when I wrote this post he wasn't yet *that* bad. He became much worse over the next years.

      Now he has deleted all of his older videos, where he was actually reasonable and rational, and has become essentially a propaganda channel where he outright distorts and lies about political events. I think it's very telling of his change that he purged his channel of all of his old videos where he expressed very reasonable moderate conservative views.

      Delete

Post a Comment