Skip to main content

"We white people"

One very prominent trait of the social justice ideology is that of psychological projection: They accuse others (the "enemy") of what they themselves do and think. Likewise, they believe that everybody else thinks similarly to them, for example when it comes to identity politics and dividing people into groups based on characteristics like race, and they cannot comprehend that not everybody thinks like them.

A prominent example of this is when a white person (most often a white man, because they think that white people will pay more attention to a man than a woman) who is a full-on social justice activist, writes an article or makes a video where he talks about "we white people", about how "we, as white people, should do this and that, and think this and that".

I'm sorry, but there is no "we". I don't know you, I don't know who you are, and I don't give a flying fuck about your skin color. I feel literally zero kinship towards a stranger who just happens to share some random physical characteristic with me, like a somewhat similar skin tone.

I'm not just saying this on principle or as a form of conscious deliberate activism. I can say with 100% honesty that I literally have zero instinct of any kind of kinship or relatability with someone who just happens to have a light skin complexion because of that skin complexion. When I see someone expressing an opinion, I do not have an instinct of "hmm, he looks like me, therefore he belongs to the same group as me, and therefore I'm interested in what he has to say about this group that we both belong to". There is no such instinct, at any level.

I do not consider myself a "white person" in that sense, in the sense that the social justice ideology and those activists think. I do not consider myself part of a group based on race. I consider myself an independent individual with my own views, opinions and characteristics. Moreover, I consider everybody else independent individuals with their own views, opinions and characteristics. I don't assume that someone has a certain personal characteristic based on how that someone looks like. More importantly, I don't attach people to groups and think of them as being members of such groups and therefore assign some kind of group responsibility and group behavior to those people.

When some random guy says "we white people" I can say with 100% honesty that that does not speak to me. As said, there is no "we". You are you, I am I, if I don't know who you are then there is no "we". There is no kinship of any kind between us just because you might happen to look a certain way.

And that's how it should be. People should be treated as independent individuals, not as members of groups categorized by inconsequential external characteristics like skin color.

Comments