Skip to main content

I think the United States is going to split into two countries

In November of last year I pondered what would happen if the United States were to split into two countries, a prospect that I didn't consider completely out of the realm of possibility even back then.

Due to the latest events, and the speed at which the totalitarian left is gaining power, I'm becoming more and more certain that this split is imminent. It may take some years, perhaps a decade or two, but I'm already seeing it coming.

The split will happen because the totalitarian left will gain absolute power in the United States and start dismantling everything that makes America America, starting from its very foundation, ie. the very Constitution of the United States. If and when the totalitarian left gains absolute power, much of the Constitution will be amended, repealed and changed. Assuming the entire Constitution isn't just scrapped and declared null and void.

With it will go all of the basic human rights of the population, starting with the Bill of Rights (ie. the first ten amendments). Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of congregation, freedom of the press, all gone. Second amendment, gone. Right to remain silent, gone. Right to a fair trial, gone. Everything will be gone.

The split will happen because the most conservative states will just secede from the Union and declare themselves independent. There might be a military incident regarding this, depending on which side the military forces will take (and especially if they, too, split into two).

This will cause not only an economic crisis in the United States that will make the Great Depression of 1929 look like a tea party in comparison, but it will spread to the entire world. Many of the corporations that are currently actively supporting the totalitarian left will suffer a great deal, and many will even go completely bankrupt and cease to exist. I hope they are happy at that point, having supported the cause.

I hope I'm completely wrong with this (similarly to how I was wrong with my prediction that the UK will never leave the EU). I really, really, really hope that I'm wrong. But I'm losing this hope very quickly.

Comments