Skip to main content

Why do transsexuals do it? Addendum

I oftentimes meet with a group of friends for hobbies. Many years ago there was this one person, a friend of one of the regulars, who would occasionally, although rarely, also come and participate. She was one of the cutest women I have seen. The first time she was there I immediately noticed. I think any heterosexual man would. I know how shallow it sounds, but I don't really care: She was well above average in terms of beauty and cuteness. She appeared to also be a bit of a "rebel girl" in her outwards appearance and demeanor. Based on how she looked and behaved I would have classified her as "a very cute and feminine tomboy".

Some months, perhaps a year or two, later (and in fact the last time I saw her in a very long time) I overhead a conversation she was having with this regular I mentioned. She recounted something that had happened to her recently, where she was somewhere and some random man, talking to his young son, had referred to her as a "girl". She said that she asked the man indignantly why he was assuming her gender, why he was assuming that she was a "girl". She even sounded indignant when she was retelling the story.

Well, that was quite a letdown for me. "Oh, she's a social justice warrior, of the worst kind" I thought. It turns out not only was she a social justice warrior, but she was of the rudest and most obnoxious extremist variant of it.

On a scale from zero to ten, I would say that my interest in her dropped from about 9 to about 1 in one fell swoop, in a matter of seconds. No matter how cute she may have been, such a ginormous personality and ideological incompatibility is a huge deal.

Recently, after many years of not having seen her, she once again made a return to the group. And you are probably guessing what had happened, based on the title of this post.

Yes, she was apparently a "him" now. Not just in demands. The whole shebang. Surgeries and all.

I know how incredibly condescending it may be, but I don't care: My original disappointment turned to pity. What an absolute shame.

Why would a beautiful healthy young woman willingly allow herself to be mutilated like that, ruining her body for the rest of her life? Not only is she now dependent on drugs for the rest of her life, and not only do these drugs likely shorten her lifespan with a quite high degree of probability, but moreover and most horrifyingly the surgeries are irreversible. If she ever, during the rest of her life, ends up regretting having gone through the surgeries, the damage is already done and irreversible.

(I suppose that especially when it comes to a "woman to man" surgery, a partial reversal might be possible, restoring at least a semblance of the original genitalia, probably much better than in the reverse case. However, it will never be the same, and she will never be able to completely reverse the process and restore her body completely to what it was. And obviously forget about ever having children.)

Yes, I pity this poor person, and I'm not ashamed of saying so. She was so beautiful, and she did not need any of this, she did not need to mutilate her body and go on drugs for the rest of her (probably shortened) life to try to change her outwards appearance and voice pitch.

While I of course know nothing about the details of her decision to do it, I would assume that the modern social justice ideology encouraged it and planted all kinds of stupid ideas in her head, and the medical community not only enabled it but went through with the operations, destroying one of the most beautiful people I have ever met, and who didn't need any of this.

Such a shame.

Comments