Skip to main content

I am a de facto prisoner of the European Union

By virtue of being a Finnish citizen, I am also automatically a citizen of the European Union. However, I am as much a citizen of the EU as a prisoner is a resident of a prison. It's not by choice. EU citizenship is imposed and forced onto me by my government and by the tyranny of the EU parliament against my will, regardless of whether I want it or not, and I have no choice over the matter. I am, thus, a de facto prisoner of the European Union. I can leave its borders, but I cannot get rid of its citizenship, and thus the laws that the EU parliament decides to impose onto me, even when those laws are in direct contradiction with the laws of my own country.

Getting rid of this citizenship would be extraordinarily difficult and troublesome. There are only two ways for that to happen: Either Finland leaves the EU (which is not going to happen any time soon because neither the Finnish government nor the majority of Finnish citizens have the least amount of willingness to do so, and on the contrary have been scared shitless of even the thought of leaving), or I stop being a citizen of Finland. The latter isn't happening either. (Even if I wanted to stop being a Finnish citizen, which I don't, it would be extraordinarily difficult.)

Thus I am a citizen of the EU, and subject to its laws and its unelected tyrants, against my will. I am a prisoner of the European Union in my own country, even though I'm not confined to any physical prison.

Comments

  1. Having read your blog for a while, you values seem to align with those of America, rather than Europe. So have you considered it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migration to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wouldn't remove my citizenship, nor am I really looking forward to decrease my quality of life with regards to things like healthcare.

      Delete

Post a Comment